Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving: My Cup Overfloweth

I work hard to maintain an attitude of gratitude each today, but Thanksgiving brings a special occasion to reflect on the richness of my life.

I am thankful for my family. They are so supportive of me, even when I must sound like a complete nut. Go to college to study something called music therapy? Sure, where do we send the check? The old adage "roots and wings" is true, and they gave me both.

I am thankful for a fulfilling career in which I am able to watch children grow and learn every day. I am even more thankful for colleagues who inspire me to work harder and explore new challenges. I'm not just talking about the colleagues I see every day, I am also talking about the   ones who are spread far and wide: east to west and north to south. Music therapy is not just a job, it is a vivid community and I have formed many lifelong friendships here.

Speaking of community, I am thankful for my friends. I have somehow stumbled into an incredible group of people who push me to go farther (literally!) than I even dreamed possible. No idea is ever too big or too absurd for these people. Oh the adventures we have had!

I am thankful for a loving spouse who is with me every step of the way. These many adventures would be hollow without him there to share in the work and the joy. Team K is the real deal!

Lastly, I am thankful for a body that is strong and healthy and allows me to run 26.2 miles because one day I decided that I wanted to. May I never take this for granted!

Happy Thanksgiving! 








No comments:

Post a Comment