I have been having so much fun this fall and I often think "I should put this in my blog" but then I get busy having more fun...and I never get back to the blogging. It is a terrible problem to have, isn't it? So I thought that I would take a moment to tell you about this high spots....because there is more fun stuff coming!
 |
| Fall in Chicago--beautiful! |
I ever got around to telling you about the vacation part of the Chicago trip. I have always wanted to visit the city and certainly made the most of the experience. We took pictures at the famous "Bean" in Millennium Park,
pigged out sampled some delicious Chicago style pizza at Giordano's, and I took a tour of Wrigley Field. Talk about the "Sports Bucket List" -- I got to see all of Wrigley, from the famous bleachers, to the clubhouses, the laundry rooms, pressbox, dugout, and stand on the ACTUAL FIELD!! It was most definitely a highlight of my trip!
We enjoyed a boat tour of Chicago architecture at night and then spent the evening at the very famous Billy Goat Tavern. What a fantastic, bustling city!
 |
| Wrigley Field--squee!! |
One of my very favorite fall traditions is a visit to the State Fair of Texas. Unfortunately Big Tex met a very sudden and tragic demise the day before our visit. I was surprised at just how sad I was when I heard this news. Big Tex was kinda like our Texas Santa....a visit with him was something we looked forward to each fall. We had a great day at the fair and I made sure to
pig out on sample some of the fine fried desserts. I tried fried red velvet....delicious...but my favorite was fried tres leche! Of course, a trip to the fair is not complete without a Fletcher's corn dog (fact: corn dogs were invented here at the State Fair of Texas).
 |
Memories of Big Tex Circa 2011
|
 |
| Fried Tres Leche--yum! |
 |
| My next car? |
Team K celebrated a special anniversary on Thursday, November 8 -- 9 years of wedded bliss! I can hardly believe that the time has passed so quickly. We were married at the Little Chapel in the Woods at Texas Woman's University and I just happened to be at the university last Saturday for a music therapy event. It was a beautiful day so I walked over to the Chapel and took a peek inside. It was the first time I had been there in nearly 9 years and it was just as beautiful and as peaceful as I remembered it.
 |
| Who are these kids!? |
 |
| Little Chapel In The Woods |
I recently celebrated another anniversary, my Half-A-Versary and I am looking forward to telling you all about it. Fall is racing season here in Texas and things are starting to pick up speed!
No comments:
Post a Comment